Growing Greener Ordinance Project Overview
Facing increasing development pressure, Whitemarsh Township hired Castle Valley Consultants to provide updates to its Growing Greener Ordinance. The updates included revisions to the Township’s Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance and Zoning Ordinance.
Growing Greener Ordinance Update Details
The project included:
- Conservation strategies for undeveloped land;
- Wildlife habitat protection to promote biodiversity;
- Ordinance revisions contributing to the creation of a greenway system;
- Recommendations for improved active and passive recreation land use options;
- Provisions aimed at protecting water quality;
- A wider range of feasibility for stormwater and wastewater facilities;
- Revised development options.
January – March 2008