Buckingham Township’s Pump Station 8 receives wastewater sewage from both Peddler’s Village and Buckingham Village. The original pump station was built in 1988 and was in poor condition requiring equipment upgrades. In addition, a change in Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PA DEP) regulations required the installation of a flow meter on the discharge of the station.
Wastewater Pump Station Upgrade Details
The project included:
- demolition of the exiting pump station;
- construction of a new pump station;
- replacement of outdated pumps and motors;
- construction of underground pipeline work to connect the new pump station to the wastewater network;
- installation of an emergency generator;
- architectural screening; and
The new pump station has a lifespan of 50 years and provides increased wastewater capacity to serve the current and future needs of the area. The project also included installation of an emergency generator to assure backup power to the station in case of power outages.
Buckingham Township, Bucks County, PA
4838 York Road, Buckingham, PA
Wastewater Pump Station Upgrades
August 2014 – September 2015
G S Developers