Buckingham Township’s Pump Station 3 receives wastewater sewage from part of the Red Gate basin pumping to the Buckingham Village Wastewater Treatment Plant. The original pump station was built in 1988 and was in poor condition requiring equipment upgrades. In addition, a change in Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PA DEP) regulations required the installation of a flow meter on the discharge of the station.
Wastewater Pump Station Upgrade Details
The project included:
- Removal of all mechanical and electrical components;
- Replacement of outdated pumps and motors;
- Installation of a flow meter on the existing sanitary force main;
- Installation of concrete meter vault;
- Various electrical upgrades;
- Construction of concrete pads and footings;
- Site grading improvements;
- Architectural screening; and
- Landscape restoration.
The new pump station has a lifespan of 50 years and provides increased wastewater capacity to serve the current and future needs of the area. The project also included installation of an emergency generator to assure backup power to the station in case of power outages.
January 2016 – July 2016
*NEED CONTRACTORS NAME*